Step 4. Let's begin the creation process.
Cozy up with a hot beverage and dive into these tutorials!
A few thoughts to support you.
- I highly encourage downloading and using the free internet browser Firefox. Other browsers often have issues with image editing. (It also comes recommended by Squarespace!)
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection. This is essential for Squarespace to run smoothly.
- As you begin building your website, if things aren't responding, or are acting wonky, try to refresh your browser. If needed, you can even restart your computer.
- Don't be afraid to click around! That's part of the process. If you accidentally delete a page, don't worry, you can recover it ;) These tutorials will give you a solid foundation, but you have to be open to discovery and exploration.
- Take breaks. If you notice yourself feeling frustrated, take the opportunity to make a delicious beverage or take a quick walk.
- Be patient with yourself. Like learning a new language, technology takes time.
(Note, you have the option to make the videos full screen.)
Setting the stage. We'll look at three different websites that highlight an effective home page design.
Take a peek at Brine, my favorite template! Plus, we'll take the very first step together — activating your template.
Diving in. The overall layout of Squarespace + learning about the page editing elements. Download your Editing Cheat Sheet here!
Create your personalized Style Guide! Plus, this is a great page editing refresher.
Create your online altar. A guide to creating a powerful home page, along with suggestions for building out the rest of your website.
Setting up Shop. How to add items to your Store + set up E-Commerce.
Creating custom design elements in Canva. I'll show you how to design graphics for your home page in my favorite (and totally free!) online source Canva.com.
Bonus: Sneak peek into my Shop!
Final words before your website launch. Your inner critic, final touches + next steps.
Scroll down for additional support.
Share your journey!
If you’d like to share your mood boards, style cravings, and final website launch, use the hashtag #emboldenecourse on Instagram! We can all stay connected and support each other there.
Announce your new website with a newsletter!
I'm gifting all Embolden participants free access to my mini e-course all about newsletters. Within the course, you'll find a PDF workbook — so your newsletters are intentionally crafted, a Canva tutorial video to create branded banners for your newsletter, and a Mailchimp tutorial video outlining how to create a newsletter from start-to-finish. You can access it right here with the password: newsletterlove. Enjoy!
If any questions come up as you build your website in Squarespace, I highly recommend reaching out to Squarespace’s support team. They’re amazing — and you can chat with them to work through any issues! You can reach them here. Additionally, you can find answers to common questions right here.
If you experience any technical issues with accessing the course or the videos, don't hesitate to reach me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm here to help get you back on track!